You and I are of the same blood

Did you know that communication between people starts before the first word is said and continues even after the end of a conversation? This happens because communication goes far beyond verbal interaction. It also includes effective body language, behavior and even our subconsciousness. It is generally accepted that only 7% of information in communication is transmitted through words. The remaining 93% is spread through paralinguistic means and body language, and for this reason is given high priority in our social competency training.

One of the most important components in communication is the use of “nonverbal means” which incorporates tuning into the interlocutor’s wavelength when establishing initial contact and sending signals such as “I’m the same as you”. Difficulties in communication arise from the fact that all of us are individual and unique, come from different families and possess “a personal experience”. The focus of any communication is to create a common reality and nurture a community. Remember, we all breathe the same air.

The mastering of certain elements will facilitate the process of interaction. Before you make contact, tune in to the interlocutor, push aside all thoughts and create an inner emptiness in your mind — a space in which the person is your entire focus. Pay attention to their position in space and mirror the same position. It is imperative that further communication is also on an equal footing. Note their personality, establish eye contact and try to reflect their body language. Start the conversation with a self-presentation (if you are not acquainted — Hi, I am…) or with a usual greeting (How are you! How are you doing!), then it is appropriate to make a compliment, having observed uniqueness in that person.

At a descriptive level the process may appear as a slow-motion picture, however in reality this happens quickly and in seconds, and is why our academy pinpoints training methods similar to those in a sports environment (improvement of results). Hence when it comes to communication, your decision-making and actions must be fast. Your ability to quickly consider the information, quickly interpret it and quickly react — is the main initiative of our training, including a disclosure of the secrets of effective communication.

So, let’s get back to reality, compliments are followed by small talk, the so-called prelude to the main action. For example, the weather is the most common and most natural topic for such conversation, keeping in mind that at this stage there is always a risk that your interlocutor may get bored. Be aware of their body language and realize the moment to move to the next stage — the main conversation — a separate and voluminous topic which embodies many other angles and elements.

Intetested in becoming a Genius of Communication?

Get More for Your Budgetwith our special offers

Would you like to make your Genius of Communication training more proactive and productive?
To suit your needs we have designed three special offers, which include:

  • Daily Motivational Assignments for 49 days
  • An Itemized Personal Agenda with daily to-do list
  • Personal Coaching sessions
  • Access to the Webinar Series on Happy Relationships in Couples
  • Access to the Webinar Series on Effective Professional Relationships
  • Access to the Webinar Series on Favourable Parent-Child Relationships
  • At-Home Educational Cinema Reviews
  • 2-Day Intensive Group Workshop

Find the option that works best for you...

Learn more

Test YOURSELF

How good your communication skills are?

Start now

Our programs are for you if:
  • you are introverted and find it difficult to communicate;
  • you are building a new business and need to develop leadership skills;
  • you are ambitious and want to have an advantage over others;
  • you are tired of misunderstandings and confusions in communication;
  • you want to improve your status and play in the "big leagues";
  • you conduct negotiations and want to influence with more impact;
  • you are tired of being misunderstood and not accepted;
  • you are tired of loneliness and desire to build a healthy relationship;
  • you want to minimize challenges in communication and avoid conflicts;
  • you feel frustrated and anxious when meeting new people;
  • you need to strengthen your self-esteem and confidence;
  • you want to become a public figure and increase your influence;
  • you want to enjoy communication and be accepted in any company;
  • you agree that networking should be an integral part of your life.

Join the Discussion What subjects interest you?