The art of listening is one of the most outstanding characteristics of an effective communicator. Our ability to listen includes displaying an interest in conversation, processing information and providing the speaker with adequate feedback. Lack of this skill results in frustration for both sides — the listener and the speaker. In Effective Listening lesson you will practice verbal and non-verbal reactions that affect the flow of any conversation and the speaker’s disclosure. This lesson outlines 12 steps that will allow you to become a better listener.
- Do you know how to get other people to open up and share their thoughts without interrupting and being disrespectful?
- Can you maintain a dialogue with only a few questions?
- Are you able to just listen when communicating with others?
- Do you have difficulties understanding other people’s verbal messages and feelings?
- Can you express listening and attention without saying a word?
- Do you know how to manage the intensity of communication and conduct conversation in a desired direction?
- Are you able to create a positive impression with your listening skills?
How will you benefit?
- Facilitate meaningful communication
- Give accurate feedback on other people’s messages
- Encourage participation in conversation
- Listen effectively and minimize misunderstanding
- Display interest in what other people have to say
- Acknowledge the feelings of others
- Grasp the motives of what has been said
- Strengthen relationships through listening skills
What will you cover?
- Four modules of listening
- Building rapport and trust
- Non-verbal signals of listening
- Empathetic engagement
- Three techniques of active listening
- Developing skills of silence
- Barriers to effective listening
- Effective questioning skills
Who should attend?
- Those who would like to establish relationships with others faster
- Those who need to be trusted
- Those who are looking for better communication and understanding
- Those who would like to understand emotions of other
- Those who desire to develop their skills of asking questions effectively
This lesson is a good fit for introverts who are tired of their isolation and need to expand their network in-width for personal and professional purposes. This lesson also works for extroverts, it provides an in-depth look into the psychology of relationships and helps in understanding the “laws of communication.”
The Effective Listening Lesson which consists of self-paced online learning, series of daily exercises and a quiz. This course is offered in a 7-day format that teaches useful strategies of communication, mutual understanding and strengthening relationships.
- 4 Detailed mini-lectures
- 6 Educational charts and pictures
- 4 practical exercises
- Step-by-step guideline for effective listening
- 9 Educational video clips
For any questions regarding the learning process or if you are facing any technical difficulty to access the course should be made by email to email@example.com
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes
- Effective Listening Chapter 1
- Effective Listening Chapter 2
- Effective Listening Chapter 3
- Effective Listening Chapter 4
- Day 1 – Audio Exercise 1
- Day 2 – Audio Exercise 2
- Day 3 – Audio Exercise 3
- Day 4 – Audio Exercise 4
- Day 5 – Audio Exercise 5
- Day 6 – Audio Exercise 6
- Day 7 – Audio Exercise 7
- Effective Listening – Compulsory Completion Quiz