A targeted program for teenagers of 12-16 with training in communicative competency, norms of etiquette, skills for effective collaboration, ways of self-expression, active listening skills and building personal boundaries
Extending over a period of five months, this program design includes a total of 20 lessons, held once a week with each lesson lasting approximately 45-60 minutes. This program consists of role playing, cooperative activities, group discussions and verbal assignments. The recommended number in group is 4 or more teenagers with the maximum number having no set limit.
As an intermediate program targeting teenagers of 12-16 years of age, the intent is to develop emotional intelligence, competent communication and teach the norms of mannered behaviour.
Download more information about our 12+ Intermediate Program
Developing communicative competency, understanding of one’s own feelings and motives, effective use of verbal and non-verbal means of communication, active listening skills, exploring personal image, forming positive thinking, teaching good manners and the basics of table etiquette.
- Form the ability to analyze our own motives
- Develop skills of cultural verbal communication
- Teach the language of non-verbal communication
- Develop skills for effective collaboration
- Teach the ability of protecting personal boundaries
- Develop creative and analytical skills
- Form skills of active listening and empathy
- Establish good manners and norms of etiquette
- Develop the ability to recognize and control emotions
- Establish goodwill and positive perception
- Intensify the process of self-observation and self-presentation
- Develop independent judgment
- Educate about the responsibility of creating a personal image
- Body Language: differentiating emotional states (joy, sadness, fear, anger,surprise, disgust); analysis of personal motives; non-verbal communication channels (eye contact, intonation, facial expressions, gait, gestures and posture); the ability to recognize non-verbal signs; establishing personal boundaries
- Social Skills: expressiveness of speaking; basics of active listening; small talk; information distortion mechanisms; politeness maxims; ways of verbal communication (dialogue, discussion, conversation, public speaking); request and refusal; effective collaboration; open and closed questions; self-presentation; positive thinking
- Appropriate Look: elements of a personal image; clothing as a way of self-expression; formation of an individual image; components of the first impression; qualities of a leader’s image; self-acceptance
- Good Manners: rules of conduct (at home, parties, public transportation, theatres); compliments; presenting and receiving gists; etiquette of phone conversation
- Dining Etiquette: serving rules; use of cutlery; gastronomic etiquette and the nuances of eating different dishes; language of cutlery and linen napkins; table behaviour
Detailed Lesson Plan and Visual Materials for warm ups, role-playing, physical activities, individual assignments, practical exercises, group discussions, working in pairs and teamwork.
For Established organizations and business owners:
- Those who run child care and day care facilities
- Those who are providing developmental programs for children
- Those who manage child centres and would like to broaden their services
- Those who would like to explore new possibilities in business
- Those who are interested in providing social-emotional teaching
All our Programs are packaged with Parent-Child Communication Training.
Download the Curriculum of our 12+ Intermediate Program
For any questions regarding the learning process or technical difficulties in accessing the program, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours 10 mins
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes