A curriculum on effective communication competency and individual strategies, usage of social perception, interpretation of non-verbal signals, positive thinking, skills of conflict resolution, networking and business etiquette for teenagers of 17 and older.
Extending over a period of five months, this program design includes a total of 20 lessons, held once a week with each lesson lasting approximately 60-90 minutes. The program includes team-business games, group discussions and verbal assignments. The recommended number of teenagers in a group is 4 or more with the maximum number having no set limit.
Created for teenagers of 17 years and older, this program introduces the upper intermediate level of effective communication and develops emotional intelligence.
Please keep in mind that you will have access to the course for six months.
Developing communicative competency, mastering the ability to understand one’s self and others, effective use of verbal means of communication, interpretation of non-verbal signals, training of active listening skills, developing skills of conflict prevention and conflict resolution, acquaintance with social perceptions, developing individual communication strategies, practicing positive thinking, introduction to the rules of business etiquette, teaching good manners and restaurant etiquette.
- Develop skills of cultural verbal communication
- Teach the understanding of non-verbal communication
- Form ideas about the effect of «the first impression
- Learn methods of conflict prevention and resolution
- Get acquainted with the features of job interviews
- Develop the ability to conduct small talk
- Learn how to establish contact and build rapport
- Teach the main elements of dress-code
- Establish good manners and norms of business etiquette
- Develop the ability to recognize and control emotions
- Establish goodwill and positive thinking
- Teach the ability of protecting personal boundaries
- Develop creative and analytical skills
- Form the skills of active listening and empathy
- Educate the responsibility to create a personal image
- Activate the process of self-reflection and self-presentation
- Educate about the responsibility of creating a personal image
• Body Language: non-verbal ways of expressing emotional states; analysis of personal motives; reading of non-verbal signals and interpretation of micro-details; establishing personal boundaries; creating contact and building rapport; extending the range of one’s body language
• Social Skills: expressiveness of speaking; basics of active listening; small talk; information distortion mechanisms; politeness maxims; ways of verbal communication (dialogue, discussion, conversation, public speaking); request and refusal; effective collaboration and team work; open and closed questions; self-presentation; positive thinking; social confidence; ways of conflict resolution; navigating a job interview
• Appropriate Look: elements of a personal image; clothing as a way of self-expression; stereotypes of social perception; components of the first impression; qualities of a leader’s image; self-acceptance; factors of success; dress codes and business requirements
• Good Manners: greetings and introductions; farewells; compliments; etiquette of business communication; hospitality; gist giving; rules of conduct when using transportation
• Dining Etiquette: restaurant etiquette; rules of service; table behaviour; gastronomic etiquette and the nuances of eating different dishes; difference of American and European eating styles; use of linen napkins; silent service codes
Detailed Lesson Plan and Visual Materials for warm ups, scenarios, modelling, brainstorming, individual assignments, group discussions, working in pairs and teamwork, debates, reading, homework and practice.
For Established organizations and business owners:
- Those who run child care and day care facilities
- Those who are providing developmental programs for children
- Those who manage child centres and would like to broaden their services
- Those who would like to explore new possibilities in business
- Those who are interested in providing social-emotional teaching
Additional Programs Included:
All our Programs are packaged with complimentary Parent-Child Communication Training.
For any questions regarding the learning process or technical difficulties in accessing the program, email to: email@example.com
- Tutorials 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours 10 mins
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes