Conflicts happen around us every day, and being involved in them brings up negative emotions and exhausts our resources.
Conflict Resolution is a very important skill which many people do not know how to develop and use, and not using this skill may result in further complications instead of resolving them, causing tensions, loneliness, exhaustion, break-ups, etc. The common mistake that many people make in the conflict management process is losing their emotional balance and reacting negatively to negative stimuli.
There are five basic strategies on how to deal with a conflict— collaborating, compromising, avoiding, accommodating and competing.
There is one more strategy, not familiar to many people, called a ‘psychological aikido’. It is when we peacefully use the opponent’s aggression and energy against themselves. It is the ability to resolve conflicts without fighting and arguing, while at the same time maintaining a good relationship.
The essence of ‘psychological aikido’ is not in a resistance to someone’s negativity, but in a hidden control of it — something that you will explore during this course. You will also practice conflict management activities on how to avoid provocations and render the negativity harmless through certain verbal techniques of constructive communication and self-defence.
This conflict management course teaches you how to effectively de-escalate a conflict and implement active self-defence strategies without affection and energy loss.
- Five Basic Resolution Strategies in Conflict
- Questions to Address before Conflict Starts
- The Parent, Child and Adult Position
- Practicing Parallel Positions
- The Algorithm of Psychological Aikido
- 6 Practical exercises
- 5 Detailed mini-lectures
- 4 Educational video clips
- 10 Educational charts and pictures
For any questions regarding the learning process or technical difficulties in accessing the course, email to: email@example.com
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 week
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Self
- Implementing Self-Defense with Psychological Aikido Chapter 1
- Implementing Self-Defense with Psychological Aikido Chapter 2
- Implementing Self-Defense with Psychological Aikido Chapter 3
- Implementing Self-Defense with Psychological Aikido Chapter 4
- Implementing Self-Defense with Psychological Aikido Chapter 5
- Day 1 Exercise 1
- Day 2 Exercise 2
- Day 3 Exercise 3
- Day 4 Exercise 4
- Day 5 Exercise 5
- Implementing Self-Defense with Psychological Aikido – Compulsory Completion Quiz