The world that we live in includes different kinds of people, some of them influence us while others are influenced by us. We communicate with each other on a daily basis, advertising, selling, buying, asking for help, emotionally reacting, demanding… — the variety of our interactions is limitless.
Quite often, some of these involve a psychological manipulation by others aiming to change our behavior through hidden exploitative strategies and forcing us to act to their advantage without us understanding and controlling our own behavior.
Manipulation comes in different forms and shapes, and knowing how it works is the first step of conflict management .
This helps to minimize our vulnerability and protect ourselves from being exploited by others. It’s a so-called passive strategy which we can apply for conflict management at work and in personal life. The second step is to identify manipulators and stop their attempts at the very beginning by taking an active position when communicating with them. Finally, the third step is to strengthen our personal defence lines and establish such an awareness that will prevent manipulative actions of others towards us. During this course, you will gradually explore the above mentioned conflict management steps, aimed at forging our personal, familial, and professional relationships.
This course teaches how to recognize manipulation, choose the “right” conflict management strategy of self defence and elevate your self-esteem.
- Understanding the Nature of Manipulation
- Emotional Components in the Manipulation Process
- Passive Protection Techniques
- Active Defence Techniques
- Strengthening Immunity against Manipulation
- Developing the Ability to Say “No”
- 2 Practical exercises
- 6 Detailed mini-lectures
- 4 Educational video clips
- 16 Educational charts and pictures
For any questions regarding the learning process or technical difficulties in accessing the course, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3650 day
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Self
- ACM – Manipulation and Not Being Part of It Chapter 1 Copy Copy Copy
- ACM – Manipulation and Not Being Part of It Chapter 2 Copy Copy Copy
- ACM – Manipulation and Not Being Part of It Chapter 3 Copy Copy Copy
- ACM – Manipulation and Not Being Part of It Chapter 4 Copy Copy Copy
- ACM – Manipulation and Not Being Part of It Chapter 5 Copy Copy Copy
- ACM – Manipulation and Not Being Part of It Chapter 6 Copy Copy Copy
- Day 1 Exercise 1
- Day 2 Exercise 2
- Day 3 Exercise 3
- Day 4 Exercise 4
- Day 5 Exercise 5
- Manipulation and Not Being Part of It – Compulsory Completion Quiz Copy Copy Copy